Those who advertise in the Christian Science Journal as Practitioners are devoted to the full-time public practice of Christian Science—the prayer-based system explained in the book Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. They are experienced in the healing ministry of Christian Science and are available to give treatment through prayer for life challenges.
Additional services may include office visits, in-home, hospital, or other care facility visits. Those who contact a practitioner listed in the Directory Services of the Christian Science Journal don't have to be Christian Scientists or attend church. The services offered by practitioners are available to the public.
Christian Science Practitioners are usually self-employed. Fees and payment are determined by the individual practitioner and should be discussed prior to engaging their services. Most charge between $15-75/treatment. See my practice policies below.
“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father."
Matthew 5: 14-16
I strive to be near my phone Monday through Saturday 9-5pm. You can call outside of those times, of course, and I'll do my best to get back to you quickly if I cannot answer right away. If you have any hesitation about when to call, feel free to text or email to set up a time.
Most of my practice is done over the phone, email, or text, but I am willing to meet in person and make house calls and visit patients who are in a facility or hospital..
• There’s no charge for the first treatment for patients new to CS treatment.
• I generally send invoices within the first week of the month for the previous month.
• Treatment is offered for one day at a time.
• Patients should check in by phone, text, or email after treatment.
• The charge for treatment, prayer, and phone consultation is $20/day, or $50 for home/office visits, and I will reasonably reduce the charge for treatment when appropriate. Students and those serving the CS movement may receive additional reductions.
• I reserve specific Christian Science treatment for those who are relying exclusively on Christian Science, and will lovingly pray alongside those who are relying on alternative methods.
• I hold conversations and treatments with patients in sacred confidence.
• As a basis for these policies, please see Manual of The Mother Church, by Mary Baker Eddy, page 46.
I caught a glimpse
of what John saw—
A reality in which I was not
pulled by what I’d rather be doing
Nor pushed by what I had to do.
I had no fear.
I had no desires—all needs were met.
I wasn’t anxious, nervous,
I felt peace and calm
and pure individuality.
No one was out of reach.
I had no questions.
The vision was a powerful flash
that stayed with me.
Was this a time yet to come?
It is a present possibility.
*see Science and Health, pp. 558–578
A poem by Christie Hanzlik
From the June 4, 2012 issue of the Christian Science Sentinel
What problems do you face on a daily basis that you'd like help with? What are some of the most difficult life challenges you've ever faced and how did you deal with them? Listed below are some of my patients' most frequently asked questions. If you'd like to suggest your own FAQ for me to post, please contact me.
There have been documented cases of treatment for cancer, injuries, deafness, illness, blindness, alcoholism, allergies, financial crises, suicidal tendencies, Alzheimer’s, and manic depression.
When I accept a new case, I take it on for one day at a time.
Christian Science Practitioners tend to charge between $15-$75 per treatment. Their rates are self-determined and are not based on the duration or depth of the patient's experience.
No, the patient and the practitioner don't need to be together for effective treatment.
Yes. Similar to a medical physician's legal code of ethics and confidentially when treating their patients, there is also a strict ethic of sacred confidentiality for Christian Science Practitioners.
Copyright ©2020 ChristieCS. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction of materials is strictly prohibited. Website powered by www.DiPersioDesign.com.
—Copyright ©2020 ChristieCS. All Rights Reserved—